12 steps to create a secure and strong password technique
Passwords have become an indispensable part of our daily lives. With the increase in internet use, we are forced to use different passwords on multiple platforms. However, there are safety concerns. The security of our passwords is very important to protect our personal information.
Here are step-by-step password creation tips:
How do you create a secure password?
1. Use complex characters
The security of your password is increased by using complex characters. Use upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols in your password. For example, you can create a password like “B1r#D3nG”.
2. Create a long password
The longer your password, the more secure it becomes. Choose a password of at least 8 characters. Longer passwords are more secure.
3. Use different passwords
It can be a big mistake to use the same password on different platforms. Therefore, set a different password for each platform. Thus, a vulnerability experienced on one platform will not spread to your other accounts.
4. Change your password regularly
Changing your password regularly increases your security. Changing your password once a month minimizes a potential security issue.
5. Save passwords
Using different passwords on different platforms can cause you to forget your passwords. Therefore, keep your passwords in a notebook or password manager. However, precautions must be taken to ensure the security of this information.
6. Don’t share your passwords with anyone
Do not share your passwords with anyone. You may not share your password with anyone other than yourself. Therefore, never share your password via email or SMS.
7. Avoid proper nouns
Do not use easily guessable information in your password, such as proper names or date of birth. This information can easily cause your password to be cracked.
8. Don’t copy your passwords
Copying your password may seem like a quick fix. However, malware that infiltrates your computer can copy your password and fall into the hands of malicious people.
9. Don’t use repeating characters
Repeating the same characters in your password makes it easy to guess. For example, don’t use passwords like “111111” or “aaaaaa”.
10. Don’t make your passwords out of meaningful words
Do not use meaningful words or phrases in your password. These make your password easy to guess. For example, don’t use passwords like “birthday123”.
11. Use safe websites
Use secure websites when creating your password. Use secure websites when creating your password, especially for bank accounts or other important accounts.
12. Use two-factor authentication
Two-factor authentication is a method that increases the security of your accounts. In addition to your password, you can log into your account using an authentication method such as mobile phone or email.
Why should we use strong passwords?
Passwords are an essential part of protecting our personal information and accounts in the digital world. Unfortunately, many people risk the security of their accounts by using weak and guessable passwords. Common and easy-to-guess passwords like “123456” or “password” are meant to open the door for cyber-attackers. Therefore, using strong passwords is essential to ensure our online security.
Here are some reasons why using strong passwords is so important:
A strong password ensures that your account is better protected against attacks. Using a long password with complex letters, numbers and symbols makes it harder for attackers to guess and makes your account more secure.
Using a strong password protects your personal and sensitive information. An attacker who has access to your accounts could gain access to your private messages, financial information, or other personal information. By using a strong password, you reduce the risk of such information being stolen.
Cross account security
Many people use the same password for multiple accounts. This means that if one of your accounts is stolen, your other accounts will also be compromised. Using strong, unique passwords creates a security barrier between your accounts and prevents attacks from spreading.
Advanced technology attack protection
Attackers can carry out password cracking attacks using advanced technologies. Using a strong password provides resistance against such attacks. A complex password makes it difficult for attackers to guess your password using automated programs or computer-powered systems.
Examples of secure passwords
Once we have an idea of the importance of creating a secure password, we can now give you some examples of strong and secure passwords. These examples are designed to maximize security by providing a good balance between complexity, length, and variety:
- “Tr!9z#L1p” – This password is an example of a strong password that contains a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols. The combination of non-literal characters makes it hard to guess.
- “B1c!mD3Y4n1ş” – This password is an example created by converting a complex word or phrase into abbreviations. It has been reinforced by the addition of capital letters, numbers and symbols.
- “[email protected]!” – This password is creatively made with symbols instead of letters and numbers. Although it is based on a well-known word, the addition of symbols makes the password more complex.
- “R3ngarY1f2rlama$” – This password is created by combining the initials of several words, numbers, and symbols. The use of abbreviations and special characters increases the unpredictability of the password.
- “[email protected][email protected]$$” – This is an example of a long password that contains different types of characters. It is reinforced by the use of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and special symbols.
- “[email protected]!” – This number is an example that enhances a word with color and meaning with symbols. Capital letters and symbols make it more difficult to guess.
- “4vC1yfD#g!” – This password is an example that contains a combination of letters and numbers in a string. Although it has a complex structure, it still has an easy to remember structure.
- “S3vd1g1m-F1lm-1z1l!” – This password is an example with a combination of words and numbers. Abbreviations and special characters increase password complexity.
How do you create an easy to remember strong password?
With increasing security awareness, the importance of using strong passwords has become even more evident. However, easy-to-remember passwords are preferred because strong passwords are complex and difficult to forget. The good news is that it is possible to create strong and easy to remember passwords. Here are some tips to help you create strong passwords that are easy to remember:
Stay away from username: It is important that your password is not directly related to your username. This makes it less likely for attackers to guess your password. For example, if your username is “JohnDoe”, your password must be more complex than “JohnDoe123”.
Do not add any personal information: Avoid using personal information such as date of birth, phone number, first or last name in your password. Such information can be easily guessed and used by attackers.
Word Games: You can use word games to create your password. For example, you can create a password by combining the initials of your favorite song or favorite movie lines. For example, if you like the song “LetItBe”, change your password to “LIB#Beatles!” You can create a form.
Creative password formats: You can use creative formats to remember your password. For example, you can add the page number of your favorite book, followed by a symbol, followed by a number that you will remember. For example: “1984!” or “HarryPotter#325!” like it.
It is also important that you create an easy to remember password. Here are some tips for you:
- Make a sentence and combine the initials of the sentence. For example: “A coffee has forty years of memory” –> “1K40yhV”
- You can use similar numbers instead of single letters. For example: instead of “Newst” you can write “8as1Eng1st”.
- You can use special characters instead of some letters. For example: You can create a password like “:)sereN15” instead of “GülsereN15”.
How long should strong passwords be?
It must be at least 8 characters long.
What characters should I use when creating a strong password?
You must use upper and lower case letters, numbers, and special characters (such as punctuation).
How often should I change my passwords?
It is recommended that you change your password at least every six months.
Can I use the same password on multiple accounts?
No, it is recommended to use a different password for each account.
How can I check my passwords?
There are several online tools available. These tools check if your password is secure and suggest ways to strengthen it.
How does two-step verification work?
Two-step verification requires you to enter a verification code when logging into your account. This code prevents unauthorized access to your account.
How should I save my passwords?
Instead of typing your passwords in a notebook, you can use a password manager to store your passwords securely.
Why should we use secure passwords?
By using secure passwords, we can protect our accounts from identity theft and account attacks.