15 Interesting Facts About Street Art Graffiti!
We have gathered for you the information that you have not heard before about the art of graffiti, which continues as a widespread culture all over the world. In the section below you will find facts about graffiti art.
Interesting facts about graffiti
Graffiti is a branch of art that originated in various forms and is loved by young people all over the world. Street art, which received a lot of backlash and was initially considered illegal, is now done legally. Graffitis are murals that look huge when done professionally and add color to the city. In this content, we’ve searched for some surprising information about graffiti that you haven’t heard before.
Here you will find surprising information about graffiti;
An. The word graffiti takes its name from the Greek word “graphein” which means to write, and the Italian word “graffito” which means to scratch.
2. In Los Angeles, 30 million square feet of graffiti are cleaned by city workers each year.
3. Many graffiti street artists prefer to remain anonymous to protect their identity and reputation and prevent legal crimes.
4. Graffiti first started in Philadelphia in the late 1960s. Initially, graffiti was used to make political statements or mark gang zones rather than artistic works.
5. Most graffiti artists want to be called the author. He puts his signature, called label, on his work.
6. Today, marker pens and spray paint are the most commonly used graffiti materials in modern times.
7. Banksy is a popular graffiti artist known for anti-war and political themes in his stencil art. In a short time he gained fame by making very meaningful paintings.
8. While graffiti is illegal in almost every country, there are approximately 1,650 legal graffiti walls worldwide.
9. The “Yarn Bombing” type of graffiti that originated in Tesas is made with knitting or crochet materials. It is one of the hardest types of graffiti to do.
10. The first known modern-style graffiti example was found in the ancient Greek city of Ephesus.
11th. The type of graffiti called paradise point is created on rooftops or hard-to-reach places such as overpasses. There are two reasons why the name is Heaven Point. The first represents the sky because it was created at a very high altitude. The second means death and go to heaven if the street artist making the graffiti has an accident.
12. Graffiti writers first draw the image they want to draw in their notebooks, which are called black books. After they create the concept, they start the project.
13. Darryl McCray is the first graffiti artist who rose to fame in the late 1960s and became known worldwide.
14. Among graffiti writers, graffiti beginners are called toys. Those with the most experience and respect among writers are called kings or queens.
15. There is only one difference between graffiti art and street art. While writers in graffiti art work to their heart’s content, in street art works are created that appeal to everyone.
What are people who make graffiti called?
Those who create graffiti are generally referred to as writers. Graffiti art is a highly respected culture. Today, many people try to be part of this culture.
Is it illegal to make graffiti?
Graffiti is illegal in most countries. However, some countries think that graffiti art brings life to the city streets and this is not harmful.
Is graffiti an art?
Graffiti is street art. Any act that serves a particular audience and culture is usually art. At the same time, people who work for this culture should be rewarded for the work they do with their creativity and imagination.
Why is graffiti done?
Graffiti art has many purposes. Graffiti can be used to liven up ugly, ruined and bad-looking streets. At the same time, fraffiti art can be used to express political or social issues.