Expert Told! The formula for eliminating asthma attacks…

As a breast disease specialist, Dr. Instructor Member Yeşim Demirel Barut shared information about the disease as World Asthma Day 2 May approaches. Dr. Dr. Instructor “Symptoms such as wheezing, wheezing, shortness of breath and sometimes coughing can be seen,” said Barut.


Barut stated that asthma types are divided into two as allergic asthma and non-allergic asthma, Barut said: “Allergic asthma is the type of asthma that usually starts in childhood, it is the most common type of asthma we see and is the easiest to diagnose “What we call non-allergic is asthma independent of allergies. There are subtypes. Some are obesity-related, that is, weight-related asthma. Asthma due to constant air density, which we call fixed air sensitivity. Separately, we can classify them as occupational asthma, exercise-induced asthma, or asthma due to irritants other than allergies. According to global data, there are currently 300. There are about one million asthma cases. In Turkey, the Ministry of Health speaks of a percentage of 4.5 percent. If we say 4.5 percent, it means that about one in 12-13 adults has asthma and one in 7-8 children has asthma. It has been calculated that people will participate in life as asthmatic,” he said.


Barut stated that it is not very accurate to say that there is a different increase in asthma than other diseases, saying: “There has been no particular increase in recent years. However, the increase in allergens and the overuse of disinfectants and cleaning agents during the pandemic period adversely affect asthma patients But there is no special increase Asthma is a chronic disease So it is not a self-limiting disease so we say don’t be afraid of asthma you can prevent and control it It .’ “If the person receives proper treatment and does not neglect the doctor’s control, he should not be afraid of asthma. It can come under control. However, it is not a curable disease. We know.”


Dr. Instructor Lid Barut said, “You don’t get better, but you get normal for a period of time. There is a period where you feel the disease, which we call the attack period, for a period of time. During the attack period, the patient’s medications can be adjusted. In addition, a stable medication adjustment is made. Everyone’s seizure is different. The treatment also differs per person. The type of seizure. It also changes. We arrange the treatment on that person. While we have a separate arrangement in normal times, we make a different arrangement at the time of attack we control it accordingly there used to be some risks of asthma because our medications were less there were people who died from asthma socioeconomic disorders it is very determinant in this disease People are still dying of asthma in third world countries, but not as many as they used to be, because medicine has evolved a lot and continues to evolve. If doctor and patient communicate well and regular checkups are provided, 95 percent will go under control, out of 5 percent there are some that unfortunately fall into the “difficult asthma” category. We’re having a little trouble with that part. Because they are resistant to the drugs we give, but they are currently working on it,” he said.

Talking about how the Covid-19 pandemic affected asthmatics, Barut said: “Before the research on this topic was published, there was something I saw in my own practice. During the Covid-19 period, asthmatics and people with COPD were the patients we came into contact with a lot. They were very scared. “Kovid came, we came. They thought, ‘What are we going to do, we’re going to die, we’re going to die?’ But it didn’t happen as often as feared. First, All in all, these patients protected themselves well. Secondly, they used inhaler-like drugs, which are called syringes among the people. These drugs protected the patients. Later studies were published. Even Chinese “It was revealed in a publication in Turkey that an active substance, which we call desonic, is seriously protective in asthma patients. This substance was later used in severe patients with Kovid.”

Claiming that it is difficult to prevent asthma because genetic factors are also effective in asthma, Barut said: “There are also environmental factors. So it is very difficult to say something like that we get asthma because of something in itself. Your genetics determine who will have asthma from time to time In children whose parents have asthma only if the mother has asthma or if the father has asthma there is a 20-30 percent chance of having asthma If both the mother and the father have asthma, it is 60-70 percent. There is no protection for this. But there is such a thing. In people with an allergy, a conversion to asthma takes place. Especially molds, house mites, etc. Who comes into contact with that group of allergens can also return to the disease. The main problem is not to prevent asthma, but to control it. Actually, we can control the patients. That is the main point. That is, we can improve the quality of life improve. We define success in asthma as follows: The fewer attacks a person has, the better the asthma treatment. We are able to reduce the attack so much that a person can continue their life by having maybe 1 or maybe 2 attacks after being diagnosed with asthma. This makes the quality of life incredible.”


Talking about how allergic and chronic asthma patients should live, Barut said: “First of all, the shape of the house is very important. For us, the main feature of allergy is that the person is alerted at night. It is stimulated at night and causes complaints during the day.In fact, it is generally something that is highly caused by allergies, so pets are not kept at home.We prefer less factors such as flowers, flowers, etc. Few things, less dusty environment, less disinfectant, less odor play a major role in success. Smoking should be strictly prohibited. We absolutely want annual flu vaccinations. Regular doctor check-ups, regular medication use and the patient’s medication must be taken. At the slightest attack, we want to reach the doctor immediately and have the drug lesion treated again according to him,” he said.

Barut stated that the risk factors increase in the spring: “The risk of allergies is very high in asthmatics. The biggest problem in spring is natural pollen. But not only in spring. For example, flower pollen in spring is very high, but grass pollen is very high in the fall. We say, ‘Don’t go to a picnic area often, don’t open your windows too much, use a mask when you go out, and apply quickly if you have symptoms.'” We can increase it,” he said .


Barut stated that the drugs used in the treatment of asthma are divided into two as controlling and relaxing drugs, Barut said: “Controller drugs are drugs that are used for a long time, fairly long-acting, that affect the mechanism of the disease and that we call therapeutic. They are short-acting drugs in the form of relaxant drugs,” he said.


Speaking on the upcoming May 2 World Asthma Day, Barut said: “As doctors for breast conditions, we want to raise awareness with that day. Because asthma is no longer a disease to fear. It is a disease that needs to be controlled. held. In 1998, the first Tuesday of May is celebrated every year as the World Asthma Day. We celebrate this day. We want to raise public awareness. There is no such thing as death from asthma anymore. Please come for your treatment. Let’s deal with this solve the problem in a very simple way. We want to have healthy, happy and attack-free days,” he concluded.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *