Experts warn of mushroom poisoning

With the onset of seasonal rains, fungi began to appear in the soil. Some types of mushrooms that grow spontaneously in nature can have poisonous properties. In fact, poisonous mushrooms can lead to death in more advanced stages. Claiming that the poisonous mushroom causes liver failure and that it is difficult to save the poisoned person without an organ transplant, Niğde Ömer Halisdemir University Faculty of Medicine Head of the Department of Anesthesiology and Resuscitation Assoc. Dr. Mustafa Kacmaz; He said that mushroom poisoning has periodically become a major problem. Emphasizing that Aminitar-type mushrooms are very poisonous and that mushroom poisoning has periodically become a major problem, Assoc. Dr Kacmaz; “Mold poisonings periodically become a significant problem. Especially in our country, the transition to the summer season and the autumn months are the times when mushroom poisoning is most common. There is a wide variety of mushrooms in the world. Hundreds of varieties have been identified in our country. Most of these are referred to as non-toxic. There are also poisonous species among them. Some species are particularly poisonous. “The species we call Aminitar species are very poisonous,” he said. Assoc. states that mushroom poisoning shows two types of data. Dr. Mustafa Kaçmaz: “If a poisonous mushroom is accidentally eaten, very serious problems can arise. For this reason, those who collect mushrooms must be conscious.

Recognition of mushroom species is very important to us. Two types of data show mushroom poisoning. In particular, I would like to warn our people about this issue. While some of the poisonous mushrooms give light data, they give data on nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, dizziness and headache within two hours. These patients are usually delivered within 24 hours and with follow-up and supportive treatment we can often be discharged without the need for hospitalization in intensive care.” Hazardous species give data between 6-24 hours Assoc. Dr Mustafa Kaçmaz added that the main dangerous mushroom species give data between 6 and 24 hours and said: “Data is formed between 6 and 24 hours in mushroom species with real poison. People who eat such mushrooms do not realize that they are poisonous , because they do not give data until 6-7 am Then they report to the hospital too late. Those who eat noble poisonous and deadly mushroom species turn to us with elevated liver enzymes and kidney failure. Since these patients are in a difficult stage report to us, their treatment is also difficult. I would like to say that the patients who came with these data had liver failure, kidney failure, serious problems and intensive care hospitalizations, and some of them died. As you know, most of the mushrooms are not poisonous , but we must not forget that there are also poisonous mushrooms that have a toxic effect. We have to be very careful against these species, because mushrooms with this type of poison give data only late.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *