How many days does a sunburn last?
passing of sunburn; It differs depending on the type of burn on the skin. Therefore, the transit time of sunburn can also differ from skin to skin. Sunburn in general; It continues to decrease between 5 and 15 days. In some cases it may take longer. With the natural treatment alternatives to be applied, sunburn will pass in less time than these periods.
How is sunburn on the face treated?
Natural methods that can be used to get rid of sunburn on the face;
- – Aloe Vera: One of the most preferred methods for skin is aloe vera gel. aloe vera gel; It is used for the treatment of the skin. Aloe vera gel is good for all types of sunburn. Similarly, aloe vera gel, which is very effective, immediately begins to repair the burnt areas. In this way, it also reduces the pain sensation in the burn area.
- – Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar; It is one of the first methods that comes to mind when it comes to skin care. After normalizing the pH balance of the skin, apple cider vinegar will significantly eliminate sunburn. Apple cider vinegar is one of the most important natural methods.
- – Yogurt: Yogurt is one of the natural methods used for sunburn. Yogurt; It quickly begins to recover by nourishing the entire skin.
- – Ice: Ice therapy is a treatment method used for sunburn. Ice therapy should be immediately preferred. So ice therapy; It would be ideal to do it 1 week after sunburn.
Natural sunscreen recommendations
– Lotions containing aloe vera should be used to soothe and moisturize the surface of the skin in case of sunburn. aloe vera; It contains licodine, an anesthetic that helps relieve the pain of a sunburn. aloe vera; It can also be defined as a good moisturizer for peeling skin.
– essential oils such as immortelle oil or lavender flower oil; It should be applied to the skin in small amounts to relieve sunburn.
– To soothe sunburn and reduce inflammation, tea bags pressed with cold water can be applied to eyelids exposed to sunlight.
– Use a clean cloth to apply freshly brewed tea to sunburned skin immediately after cooling. The tannic acid in black tea helps raise the temperature of the sunburned skin surface and restore the pH balance. Peppermint can also be added to the tea for a more cooling effect.
– When the sunburn is relieved; Coconut oil can be used as a skin moisturizer. However, this oil should not be used in the form of sunscreen. Coconut oil does not provide a protective effect against the sun’s rays.
Good future sunburn tips
In case of sunburn exposure, you can take a shower with cool water and apply moisturizing creams to the skin. Showering with cold water soothes the skin. Using a moisturizer soothes irritated skin. The area irritated by the sunburn should not itch and should not do anything that irritates the area. After a sunburn that causes dehydration, fluid loss should also be avoided by consuming plenty of water.