Thanks to its vitamins C, A and K, beta-carotene, alpha-carotene, fiber, magnesium, calcium, potassium and its high antioxidant content, it is good for countless diseases, from cancer to heart disease, anemia to infection. Nutrition consultant Dyt. Vildan Çelik gave detailed information on this subject. Mulberry, which has a very high iron content compared to other fruits, relieves pain and defies the effects of aging. Dietician Vildan Çelik provided information about the benefits of mulberry and the points to consider when consuming it. Gives youthful effect, protects against cancer Gives youthful effect, protects against cancer
• Mulberry is an ideal source of both soluble and insoluble fiber. Soluble fiber helps control blood sugar and lower harmful cholesterol levels, while insoluble fiber is essential for a healthy digestive system.
• 1 serving of mulberry contains 20 percent of the daily fiber requirement.
• Mulberry is a good source of antioxidants rich in anthocyanins. Anthocyanin is anti-inflammatory and analgesic and healing. • It is an anti-aging source with resveratrol in its content. Studies show that resveratrol can lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart disease.
• A fruit so rich in antioxidants also has a protective effect against cancer and aging, fighting free radicals.
• Mulberry fruit is a very high source of vitamin C. Vitamin C is very important for strengthening the immune system and repairing damaged tissue.
• Dried mulberry, in particular, contains 30 percent of the daily value for iron, making it a great source for people suffering from anemia. • Thanks to its iron content, it also fights fatigue by helping the body to transport oxygen-rich blood cells. • Again, calcium in its content; It is beneficial for bone and teeth health.
PLEASE NOTE THIS WHEN CHOOSING MOLD
white mulberry; It differs from red and black mulberry as a fruit. Their leaves, buds and even their flavors differ too. There are nearly 20 types of mulberry fruits and the most famous are red and white mulberries. Although nutritionally similar, the active ingredients may differ in their content. It is known that white mulberry in particular helps to reduce the high number of microbes in the blood. On the other hand, the property of red mulberry, which is good against fatigue, comes to the fore. When choosing mulberries, crushed and rotten ones are not preferable. You should definitely look at the flavor and choose mulberries that are not overly soft.
YOU CAN STORE IN THE FREEZER, DRY AND USE IN WINTER
Since mulberry is a very delicate fruit, it should be kept in a hard storage container to avoid crushing it. Fresh mulberry fruit can be stored in the refrigerator for 1-2 days without washing. Freezer is preferred for longer storage. It should be taken out of the freezer 4-5 hours before eating to thaw. Mulberry fruits can be stored for up to 1 year in a cool place or preferably in the refrigerator as dried mulberry by drying them to have a longer shelf life. Keeping it away from excessive heat and sunlight will extend its life. While washing the mulberry, it is useful to wash it in a bowl so that it is not crushed under the running tap.