We have prepared a detailed article on the art of balancing stones, which makes an important contribution to human psychological and mental health. We have brought together the history, techniques and philosophical approach of stone balancing art for you.
History of stone balancing art
Stone balancing art is a branch of art with a deep rooted history going back thousands of years. The origin of this art is based on an action made by people who want to imitate the balance and beauty of nature.
The earliest examples of stone-balancing art probably date from the Paleolithic period. People worked with natural materials during the hunting and gathering period, and balancing stones were among these natural materials. However, more tangible evidence of the art of stone balancing is in BC. It comes from Chinese culture dating back to 4000 BC.
The Chinese tried to imitate the balance of nature by stacking stones of different sizes and shapes on top of each other and balancing them harmoniously. Often practiced in conjunction with other Eastern philosophies such as Feng Shui, this art was used to direct the energy flow in living spaces.
The history of stone balancing art in the Middle East, Europe and America is quite old. During the Inca Empire, huge stone structures were built in Peru, some of which were finely placed and balanced. In Scotland, stones were placed on a flat surface and balanced with each other, using a technique called “rock sucking”.
Techniques and Basic Principles of Stone Balancing Art
Stone balancing art is a genre that combines nature and man-made art, which attracts the attention of many people. In this art, small and large stones are naturally balanced. The main goal of this art is to create an aesthetic visuality in harmony with nature. However, to learn this art, certain techniques and basic principles must be learned.
- The quality of the materials used in the art of stone balancing is very important.
- The stones used must be natural, durable and of the right size.
- The smooth surface of the stones makes balancing easier.
- Another important technique in the art of stone balancing is the concept of “base stone”.
- The foundation stone is a foundation upon which the entire balancing process will be built.
- The surface of the stone must be smooth and firm.
- Choosing the right foundation stone will help to successfully complete the balancing process.
- During balancing, the stones must be aligned with each other.
- Care must be taken to ensure that the shapes, sizes and surfaces of the stones are compatible with each other.
- Aligning the stones with each other makes balancing easier.
- Balancing should be done with patience and care.
- The time required to put the stones in the correct position must be spent.
- Acting too hastily can have unintended consequences and cause the balancing process to fail.
Philosophy and Approach to Stone Balancing Art
Stone balancing art is a meditative and creative act that mimics the balance of nature. The philosophy of this art is based on the concepts of nature, energy, harmony and balance in many cultures.
The art of balancing stone is based on the philosophy of being part of nature. Artists strive to recreate the beauty and energy of nature by working with natural materials. This art is linked to the philosophy of preserving the balance of nature and living in harmony with it.
Stones used in stone balancing art are natural materials, each of which is believed to have a different energy. Stones can be difficult to balance because of their different shapes, sizes and weights, but artists work patiently and carefully to create an arrangement that resembles nature’s own balance.
What stones should be used in stone balancing art?
One of the most important points of stone balancing art is that the stones used are in harmony with each other. The surfaces of the stones must be smooth and carefully selected. If you use the selected stones carefully and patiently, you can do great things.
Does the art of balancing stones help?
You can also see it as a hobby instead of looking for benefits first. Of course, the art of balancing stone is also known to calm the mind. At the same time, you can learn to be patient, make the right decisions and combine harmony with this art.
Where is the art of balancing stone done?
The art of balancing stones is practiced wherever stones are found. You can mainly practice the art of balancing stones on the banks of streams, on the beach or in places where there is no current.