The summer season, with the bright light of the sun and the hot air, is a pleasant time for people. But if you are exposed to the sun in the summer without adequate protection, sometimes spots appear on the skin. These sun spots, called solar lentigo in medicine, occur due to the increase in pigment cells that give the skin its color as a result of prolonged exposure to the sun. These spots are usually seen on areas such as the face, forehead, nose, chin, upper lip, shoulders, neck, hands, upper surface of the feet and upper back. In addition, other causes of sun spots include genetic predisposition, age, pregnancy, use of birth control pills, ovarian and thyroid disorders, and cosmetic applications.
Skin blemishes, which look very bad aesthetically, can also herald some health problems and so they should generally be treated according to the cause. While most spots do not cause any health problems, many sufferers want to be treated because of their appearance.
Dr. Mert Gençoğlu, ”There are some recommendations regarding the formation of skin spots that everyone should follow, regardless of age and gender. There are some effective solutions to deal with sun spots, especially while enjoying the summer and the sun, which causes the formation of these spots. However, in the summer it can be difficult to deal with skin blemishes, but you can minimize the formation of blemishes by taking some precautions and applying the right skin care.
Here are some tips that can help you deal with summer skin blemishes;
• Sun protection: Sun exposure is one of the main factors in the appearance of skin spots. It’s important to use sunscreen every day and wear a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses when out in the sun. Also, try not to go out in the sun between 10am and 4pm, when the sun is at its peak.
• Sunscreen Use: Sunscreen is an essential product to prevent impurities on the skin. Choose a broad spectrum (UVA and UVB) sunscreen and make sure it offers at least SPF 30 protection. Remember to reapply sunscreen regularly, especially after sweating or swimming.
• Skin Care: Follow a regular skin care routine to avoid skin blemishes during the summer. Use a mild cleanser and moisturizer to keep your skin clean, moist and healthy. You can also regularly use a serum or cream that contains products that even out the complexion and prevent blemishes.
• Natural Illuminators: Some natural ingredients can help reduce skin blemishes. For example, you can apply natural bleaches such as lemon juice, cucumber juice or aloe vera to your skin. However, be careful when using these substances and be careful not to irritate your skin.
• Nutrition and hydration: A healthy diet and adequate water consumption affect the overall health of your skin. Consuming foods rich in antioxidants can protect your skin and reduce the appearance of blemishes. Foods such as colorful fruits and vegetables, green leafy vegetables, fish and nuts contain important components that support the health of your skin. Also, make sure you drink at least 8 glasses of water a day to hydrate your body from the inside out.
• Protection against ignition: Inflamed pimples and skin irritations can promote breakouts. Therefore, it is important to keep your skin clean, to remove makeup properly and not to squeeze acne. If you have acne-prone skin, you can also get help from a dermatologist and learn the proper treatment methods.
• Use humidifier: In the summer it is important to maintain the skin’s moisture balance. Moisturize your skin with a product that is light and has moisturizing properties. This can also reduce the formation of blemishes while nourishing your skin.
• Regular cleansing and exfoliation: By regularly cleansing your skin and removing dead skin cells, you can help prevent breakouts. A gentle cleanser and regular gentle exfoliation can keep your skin smooth and glowing.
It is important to follow these tips to prevent skin spots during the summer period. However, if you have serious skin blemishes or notice a disturbing change in your imperfections, it is recommended that you seek professional help. As we all know that the formation of skin blemishes is very easy and the treatment of blemishes is a bit difficult. In addition to all these suggestions, it is very easy to treat sun spots thanks to the developing technology in the field of medical aesthetics. To determine the best course of treatment for the individual, it is necessary to correctly identify the causes of skin spots and make a proper diagnosis. Treatment options for skin blemishes will differ depending on the size of the blemishes and the texture of the skin.