What is good for nail fungus? How is nail fungus treated? Things that are good for nail fungus
What is good for nail fungus?
Nail fungus is a condition most commonly seen in the big toe. There are some uses for its treatment. One of the things that are good for nail fungus are antifungal nail creams sold in pharmacies. You can reduce nail fungus by trying these creams and ointments.
With nail fungus, white colors can develop on the surface of the nails. In this case, the nails must be filed. Apart from this, the nails can be soaked in water, dried and medicated creams and lotions used.
People with nail fungus problems must constantly trim and thin their nails. This application helps to reduce the pain by reducing the pressure on the nail. However, this application is very important for the drug to reach the deep layers of the nail before the antifungal application.
Another application is foot care. One of the things that is good for nail fungus is regular foot care. If there is a condition that causes poor circulation in the feet and the nails are not trimmed, a foot health center can be consulted.
How is nail fungus treated?
For nail fungal diseases, doctors usually prescribe medications that are taken orally or applied directly to the nail. In this case, oral and topical antifungal treatments are used together. These drugs are usually the first choice for nail treatment. This is because it gives a faster solution than topical medication. These medications are generally used for between 4 and 12 weeks. However, the result of the treatment can only be observed when the nail is fully grown. For this reason, it may take 4 or 5 months to eliminate the nail fungus infection.
Things that are good for nail fungus
Nail fungus, which is mostly seen in toenails, can be treated with natural methods other than medicine. Natural plants that are good for nail fungus are;
– Pine tree oil, which is available from herbalists or markets, can be applied on the nail fungus area. But after applying the oil, the foot should breathe.
– One of the methods that are good for nail fungus is white vinegar and garlic. After crushing two garlics, it can be mixed with two tablespoons of white vinegar and applied to the nail.
– By adding water and vinegar to a bucket, the feet can stay in the bucket for about half an hour.
– Another method for nail fungus is lemon. Every night before going to bed, you need to drip lemon on the mushroom part and leave it for 15 minutes. After that, the foot should be rinsed and this process should continue until the nail fungus has disappeared.
What Causes Nail Fungus?
Fungal infections of the nails are caused by different organisms called fungi. Apart from this, yeast and fungus cause nail infection. Nail fungus can occur at any age. However, it is more common in older people. Therefore, old age is one of the causes of nail fungus. As nails age, they become brittle and dry. Dry tissue causes cracks in nails. Fungus enters through cracks much more easily.
Another reason for the appearance of nail fungus in the elderly is the decrease in blood circulation in the feet and weakening of the immune system.
What Are the Symptoms of Nail Fungus?
If people with nail fungus show no improvement after trying home remedies, they should consult a specialist doctor. Nail fungus causes serious complaints on people’s nails. These symptoms are:
– Thickened texture
– Yellow, white or brown discoloration
– An irregular structure that crumbles
Mild odor is one of the symptoms of nail fungus.