What Is LATIXA Drug, What Does It Do? What are the side effects?
LATIXA is indicated for the treatment of chest pain, tightness and pressure caused by insufficient blood supply to the heart muscle or coronary artery spasm.
In this article it is prescribed for the discomfort of the area between the abdomen and the neck. What the LATIXA drug is, what it does, We talked about how it is used and what the side effects are.
What is LATIXA Medication?
LATIXA, It is a medicine used with other medicines in the treatment of angina pectoris (chest pain caused by narrowing/closure of the blood vessels supplying the heart), which manifests as discomfort or pain in the area between the abdomen and the neck. The active ingredient is Ranolazine. The extended-release tablet is presented as 60 light blue oval tablets.
What is LATIXA used for, what is it good for?
LATIXA with first-line antianginal therapies in adults It is used as adjunctive drug therapy in the treatment of patients with angina pectoris (pain, tightness and pressure in the chest caused by insufficient blood supply to the heart muscle or spasm of the coronary artery) who cannot gain adequate control or accept these treatments.
How is LATIXA medication used?
Use the medicine as recommended by your doctor. Regarding the use of LATIXA to the prospectus information and the user manual.
- The starting dose for adults is 375 mg twice a day.
- The tablet should always be swallowed whole, not crushed, broken or chewed.
- It can be taken on an empty or full stomach.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- Do not eat or drink grapefruit during this treatment period.
- It should be swallowed whole with water.
- After 2-4 weeks, your doctor may increase the dose to give you the full effect, first 500 mg twice a day, then 750 mg twice a day, depending on your response to the treatment. The dose may be increased to 1000 mg twice a day, which is the maximum recommended dose.
- Consult your doctor if you experience side effects such as dizziness, headache or nausea. Your doctor may adjust the dose of the medicine or discontinue the drug treatment.
What are the side effects of LATIXA?
As with all medications, some individuals may experience side effects from this medication.
Very serious side effects of LATIXA
If you have these, it means you are allergic to the drug:
- Swelling of the face, tongue and throat
- Difficulty swallowing
- skin rash
- shortness of breath
Common side effects of LATIXA (occur in less than 1 in 10 patients, but more than 1 in 100 patients)
- nausea, vomiting
- headache, dizziness
- feeling powerless
Uncommon side effects of LATIXA (occur in less than 1 in 100 patients, but more than 1 in 1,000 patients)
- blurred vision, visual disturbance
- Emotional fluctuations
- Fatigue, weakness, drowsiness
- confusion, delusion
- fainting, fainting
- double vision
- Dark urine, blood in the urine, difficulty urinating
- bloating, puffiness
- low bloodpressure
- Dehydration (water loss)
- Difficulty breathing, coughing, nosebleed
- Excessive sweating, itching
- Appetite and weight loss
- muscle cramps
- An increase in a substance called creatinine or urea in the blood
- An increase in the number of platelets or white blood cells in the blood
- muscle weakness
- Stomach ache
- feeling of palpitations
- dry mouth
- Joint swelling, pain in extremity
- change in EKG
- Decreased heart rate (bradycardia)
- Swelling in the hands, feet, or under the skin
Rare side effects of LATIXA (occur in less than 1 in 1,000 patients, but more than 1 in 10,000 patients)
- skin rash
- inability to urinate
- numbness in the mouth and lips
- cold sweat
- coordination disorder
- Abnormal liver laboratory values
- Change in sense of smell
- sudden renal failure
- loss of consciousness or loss of consciousness
- allergic skin reactions
- Drop in blood pressure while standing
- Erectile dysfunction (erectile dysfunction or inability to achieve sexual intercourse in men)
- Inability to walk due to imbalance
- Inflammation of the pancreas or intestinal inflammation
- Sensation of tightness in the throat
- Low level of sodium in the blood (hyponatremia), which can cause muscle twitching, cramps and coma
Unknown frequency of side effects of LATIXA (cannot be estimated from the available data)
- Muscle twitching or contraction (Myoclonus)
In the article, What LATIXA does, how it can be used and the side effects We shared information about what could happen. Before using the drug, which is usually prescribed for the treatment of pain and other discomfort between the abdomen and neck, read all possible side effects and instructions for use and make sure to use it under the supervision of a doctor.